Kadisha Phelps is affiliated as Of Counsel with the Miami office of Sweetapple, Broeker & Varkas, P.L. A native of Long Island, New York, Kadisha has worked in both the Miami and Boca Raton offices of the firm since the fall of 2006, after graduating from Washington and Lee School of Law. While at Washington and Lee, Kadisha participated in the Virginia Commonwealth Clearing House, a legal clinic where she assisted court-appointed attorneys in defending capital cases and served as a legal intern at the New York Stock Exchange’s Enforcement Division.
Kadisha completed her Bachelor of Arts in History at Florida State University, with minors in Black Studies and Urban and Regional Planning.
In Tallahassee, Kadisha held prominent government internships with then U.S. Senator Bob Graham and Florida Attorney General Bob Butterworth, as well as RBBO Public Relations LLC, a leading lobbyist firm at the Florida capitol.
Kadisha has successfully litigated in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, handling both the plaintiff and defense side of matters for numerous business owners, defending various south Florida developers during the recent real estate crash and representing former NFL players in various complex business and investment disputes. Kadisha’s primary practice area is in General Commercial Litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Florida, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- J.D. – 2006
- Florida State University
- B.A. – 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Miami Women’s Chamber of Commerce, President
- Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyer’s Association, Board of Directors
- Junior League of Miami
- Dade County Bar Association
- Organization of Women in International Trade (South Florida Chapter – 2013 International Business Women of the Year Award), Judge
- Miami-Dade School Board Foundation, Board Member